In doing so, we shall aim to achieve:
- Improved throughput/productivity
- Consistent high quality products and services
- Timely Delivery
- Reduced cost
- Safe working environment
- Waste reduction
- To improve productivity by 5-10%
- Reduce customer rejects to a minimum of 3/month
- 5-10 minutes shine before end of work shift everyday
- Delight and exceed our customer expectations
- Make our premises a place where customers love to visit and employees love to work
LSHS further commits to:
- Satisfy requirements and continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management systems (QMS)
- Benchmark with global best practices
- Provide and maintain appropriate infrastructure and suitable work environment Innovate and provide excellent services
- Establish and enhance partnerships with external providers and relevant interested parties to provide improved services.
- Ensure the policy is communicated, understood, applied within LSHS and is available to relevant interested parties as appropriate.
- Embrace risk based thinking, process approach and integrate QMS in our business operations.
- Establish, measure, monitor and update as appropriate quality objectives
• Roll bars to prevent the collapsing in of the roof in case of accidental rollovers
• Robust frame construction with proper usage of hollow sections and angle lines at the direct impact places.
• Individual seat lap belts.
• Anti skid flooring.
• Grab handles and hand rails
• A fully functional internal quality department that keeps a close vigil on production via inspection gates
• Standardized jigs ensure that we maintain the same standards on each body we manufacture.
• All body frame components including all hollow sections are treated both inside and out in an approved rust prevention primer.
• All interior accessories are powder coated to endure wear and tear.
1. Use of reinforced fiberglass on front, rear and roof of the bus in addition to ABS interior help reduce the overall weight of the bus; subsequently reducing the fuel consumption and wear and tear on tires and brakes.
2. Introduction of CKD in bus body manufacturing with foreign collaborators.
• LSHS is selected as a model company in the 2018/2019 Productivity Improvement Project in Kenya by National Productivity and Competitiveness Centre(NPCC) and Japan Productivity Centre(JPC). As a recipient LSHS will benefit from organization-wide training in Kaizen and 5S.
• The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has approved LSHS to use its standardization mark having meet the requirements of KS 372, the Kenyan standard on vehicle body construction.
• The National Road Safety Agency now rebranded to Safety Plus has awarded LSHS the best MV/Institutional bus body manufacturer award every year since 2012.
• LSHS is also an approved passenger body manufacturer by National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) pursuant of the KS 372 standard.